Extracting your board tasks to Excel allows you to manipulate the information offline.
In this article, we will explain the different ways you can export board tasks before detailing the different columns of the excel report.
Exporting tasks from the board page
- Navigate to the board you want to extract the tasks from.
- Click on the Excel icon next to the search box to download the report.
Exporting tasks from the Backlog page
- Board tasks can be extracted from the backlog page by using Export to Excel when you click on Tools.
Once the option is selected, the dialog will display three options you can choose from to extract the board data.
- Download Backlog Tasks
- Select this option if you want to export all tasks that are in the backlog.
- Download Sprint Tasks (if you are on a sprint board) / Download Kanban Board tasks (if you are on a Kanban board)
- In the case of a sprint board, the export will return all tasks from all active and upcoming sprints.
- The export will include all tasks from open boards in the case of a Kanban board.
- Download All Tasks
- Use this export if you want to export backlog tasks and all Sprint or Kanban tasks together.
Alternatively, if you only need to export tasks for one single sprint or one single Kanban board, do the following:
- Simply click on the Tasks button of the tile representing the board you are interested in and then select the Excel icon.
Exporting archived tasks from a Kanban board
- To export archived board tasks, navigate to the backlog page and click on Archive History button.
- Once the dialog opens, click on the Excel icon to export the tasks.
|A. BoardTitle||The name of the board.|
|B. BoardId||The board unique Id.|
|C. AddToSprint||The sprint or Kanban board the task belongs to.|
|D. ActionId||The task unique Id.|
|E. ShortId||The task unique identifier within the board. This value is set by the system and cannot be updated.|
|F. Title||The task title.|
|G. Theme||The theme / epic assigned to the task.|
|H. Points||Estimation of the size of the work expressed in point values (Fibonacci numbers - 1 to 21).|
|I. Impact||Estimation of the impact of the work (Fibonacci numbers - 1 to 21).|
|J. AssignedTo||The full names of the assignee.|
|K. AssignedToId||The assignee usernames.|
|L. Impediment||The value (yes/no) states whether the task has been set as an impediment for the sprint delivery.|
|M. TaskType||The task type.|
|N. Rank||The task order within the board.|
|O. DueDate||The date that the task is due.|
|P. Priority||The task priority - High, Medium or Low.|
|Q. Status||The status of the item. Status values will vary depending on the specified/customised columns of the board.|
|U. Description||The task description. This is the detailed explanation of the content that is related to the task.|
|V. Created||The date the task was created on.|
|W. CreatedBy||The user who created the task.|
|X. CreatedById||The Fluid ID of the user who created the task.|
|Y. CreatedByRef||The username of the user who created the task.|
|Z. Modified||The date that the task was last updated.|
|AA. ModifiedBy||The user who last updated the task.|
|AB. ModifiedById||The unique Id of the individual who last updated/made changes to the task.|
|AC. ModifiedByRef||The username of the user who last updated the task.|
|AD. ClosedDate||The date the task was closed/completed.|
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article