Use the Line of Business functionality to set how project costs are allocated via percentage back to different business units.
LINE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Line of Business names are managed from the Metadata page that is accessible from the Administration console page.
- Click on Add New button to add a new line of business.
- Click on the chevron next to an existing LOB to edit its name.
- Click on the ‘x’ to delete a LOB name
- only LOB names that do not have allocations against them can be deleted.
- If the delete function is not available, then the LOB name can be set as inactive if it is no longer valid.
Line of Business names can also be managed using the metadata export function available under the Export menu. Just download the metadata file, update the line of business names and upload the amended file.
UPDATING THE LINE OF BUSINESS PROJECT ALLOCATION SPLIT FROM THE PROJECT SETTINGS PAGE
The Line of Business project allocation split can be set by using the LOB component on the project settings page.
As the component is on project settings page, users must have project administration rights or be the PM of the project to navigate to this page and see the component. In addition only users who have financial admin role or data admin role can edit the allocations.
To add a new record, select the Add New button. To edit an existing record, select the chevron next to the record.
- LOB allocation records have a start and end month, i.e. the allocation split is only valid from the first of the start month until the last day of the end month.
- LOB allocation records dates cannot overlap.
- A record with no end date means that the allocation split is valid indefinitely from the start month.
- The allocation split must always total to 100%.
UPDATING THE LOB PROJECT ALLOCATION USING THE UPLOAD / DOWNLOAD FUNCTIONALITY ON THE FINANCIAL PAGE
You can use the download / upload function on the Financial administration page to manage the Line of Business project allocation.
Select Download to download the file template, make the required changes and upload the amended file.
The columns are:
- Project Name
- Fluid project ID
- Used to uniquely identify the project. If both ProjectId and ProjectRef are present, ProjectID takes precedence.
- Project external reference
- Start Month
- Month from when the allocation is valid from
- Mandatory when creating or updating a record
- End Month
- Month up to when the allocation is valid
- If left blank, it means the record has no end date
- Fluid Id for the allocation record
- Mandatory when updating an existing record
- Delete Record
- Set value to yes for all records to be deleted
- LOB allocation Names
- List of all active LOB names and Inactive LOB names that have values
The following validation rules are applied when creating or updating records:
- A project cannot have overlapping records.
- The total allocation for each record must be 100%
LINE OF BUSINESS PROJECT FINANCIALS DOWNLOAD
Line of Business project financials download functionality is available for financial administrators from the financial administration page and from the export dropdown on any project watchlist or project workspace.
Line of Business allocation percentages are applied to both forecast and actuals that are included in the full year forecast.
A date range can be applied to the export functionality when applied from the watchlist or the project workspace. The functionality on the financial admin page only returns data for the current financial year.