Templates are a great way to standardise structures and processes for your key meetings so that attendees get to know what to expect and are better prepared. More focus, less risk and more predictable outcomes. What's not to love!
This article will explain how to create new meeting templates or how to select a different template for a new meeting session.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Creating a new meeting template
To create a new meeting template, you first need to create a meeting session with the content you want to save as a template.
Once the session has been populated with the required agenda items and any recurring actions/decisions, click on Save as Meeting Template to save the session agenda as a template.
To save this content as a new template, select New Template.
Enter the template details and review the agenda items.
- Template Name
- Description: Brief description that will appear on the template option in the template dialog.
- Template Playbook: Detail guidelines and considerations when using the template. Include links to other resources if needed.
- Privacy Settings: Specify who should be able to use the template.
- Use for this meeting only means that the template is specific to the meeting you are on and cannot be used for any other meetings.
- Select Shared across my meetings only if you want to reuse this template for any other meetings that you manage.
- Select Public if you want your template to be shared across your instance.
- Agenda Items: The items that will be added to any session using the template.
If you need to edit an agenda item before saving the template, you can do so by clicking on the item you want to change. This will open a dialog from where you can change the agenda item details.
- Either set the assignees to specific individuals, or to @Meeting, @Owners or @Members to have the people in these roles on the meeting automatically assigned the items when sessions are created with the template.
- The due date is expressed in number of days before or after the session.
Once you have reviewed your template and completed the template details, click Save.
Confirm whether the template should be the default template on all future sessions for the meeting.
Re-applying a template to a session
You can re-apply a template to a session at any time. This is particularly useful if you want to delete the content of your session and restart from a clean template.
To delete existing content on a session and re-apply a template click on Recreate Session
Templates used in this meeting displays the templates already used in the meeting series, or you can use a template from your organisations template library or use one of your own templates if you have created any.
Select the template you want to apply and confirm the reset when prompted.
Updating an existing template
To make updates to an existing template, apply the template to a meeting session and make the required changes.
Click on Save as Meeting Template
Select the EXISTING template you want to update.
Click on Update this template.
Review and amend the template details as required.