In this article we will explain how to use the interface to create a new meeting with the use of meeting templates. Templates are a great way to standardise the meeting agenda across your organisation or across your meetings.
To create a new meeting, click on the Create button on the top navigation panel and select New Meeting. You will be directed to the "create a meeting" dialogue to choose which template you will use.
Once the dialog opens, you will be asked to select how you want to create your new meeting. You can:
- decide to create your meeting from scratch, i.e you want to create your own agenda. In this case, click on the Start button on the Start with an empty session tile.
- or you can select a meeting template to create your meeting from. Meeting templates are organised in two categories:
- Public Templates that are shared across the organisation. They can be seen if you select the tab with the name of your organisation, Fluid Templates in the example below.
- My Templates which lists all templates that you have created and that are set as shared across your meetings. You can find out more on how to create and manage meeting templates by clicking here.
Each meeting template tile display a short description of the template. Click on Select to see a preview of the template and a more detailed description. You can then confirm that you want to use this template by clicking on Use this template button. Click Back to return to the list of available templates.
Once you have selected a template, you will be asked to enter the meeting details.
- the name of your new meeting
- the list of meeting attendees (click here to learn more about roles and permissioning)
- the date, time and duration of your first meeting session.
You can also:
- add a description to explain the purpose of the meeting
- set your meeting to private if only the owners, facilitators and attendees of the meeting can see this meeting in the global search.
- set a meeting type.
The Meeting Agenda Template field shows the template that you have selected. If you changed your mind and need to use another template, you can change it by clicking on the Change Template button. This will take you back to the template list so that you can choose another template for your meeting.
Click the Create button when you are ready to create your new meeting.
Inside your first meeting session
The new meeting session's agenda is set as per the template you selected. You can see the name of the template that has been applied to a session on the top right hand corner of the session page.
You can add more agenda items or edit the existing ones. Use the input controls to set the agenda assignee(s), add a description or attach a document. Click on the item type to change the type of your meeting item to an action, a decision or a note.
Alternatively, you can use Fluid Smart Commands to save time and capture your content quicker. Simply type forward slash ( / ) to select which item (agenda, action, decision or note) you want to add.
Use @mention to set the assignees or use Fluid natural language to set up a due date.
Add new items to the session if you run out of agenda item sections with the use of shortcut keys.
Click here to learn more about capturing your content.
Fluid helps you better manage your meetings, before, during and after the meeting. Click the following links to learn how:
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article