User roles: ✔ User Administrator
This article describes how to create and edit user accounts.
To access the User Management console select User Management from the drop-down menu under your Avatar.
Accounts are listed in alphabetical order on the User management page, with the following displayed for each account:
- The account's picture/avatar.
- The full name of the account holder.
- The account's username - the username is the unique identifier for the account.
- The registered email address for the account.
- The roles that the account is permissioned with. Click here for more on account roles and what access and functionality they allow.
User accounts can be created and edited either:
- by using the interface which is covered in this article, or
- by using bulk edit upload/download functionality via the Resource Plan Upload.
At the top of the user management console are the following functions:
MANAGE ROLE GROUPS - Click here to navigate to the Manage Role page where you can see the list of users per user roles and easily add or remove user roles. You can find more details about this page later in this article.
NEW USER - Create a new user account.
FILTER- Filter the listed accounts by:
|SEARCH - Search the listed accounts for a specific user.|
Creating a new account
Click on the NEW USER button to create a new user account.
There are several sections to be completed & each section can be accessed using the left hand navigation.
- First Name: The first name of the account holder.
- Last Name: The last name of the account holder.
- Username: The unique username for the account. You can use FirstName.LastName, the person's email address or any other unique naming convention you prefer for your accounts. Once an account is created the Username of the account cannot be changed.
- Email address: The account holders email address. Remember - if Email Domain Restrictions is turned on for the instance only email addresses with whitelisted email domains can be registered.
- Opt in for Email Notifications: Set to YES if the account holder should receive email notifications.
- Email Reminder Frequency: How frequently the account holder should receive the Fluid email digest of their open and overdue actions, tasks and decisions in Fluid.
- Opt In for Mobile Notifications: Set to YES if the account holder should receive mobile notifications of activity on the mobile app.
- Timezone: Set the timezone of the account holders location.
- Active: This flag indicates whether the account is active. YES for active, NO for inactive.
- Reference: Free text field to include a unique reference for the account (useful if importing from 3rd party solutions)
- Cost centre: The cost center the resource belongs to
- Region: The region the account holder is located in (options available configurable by system administrator)
- Engagement Type: The type of resource the account holder is - i.e. FTE, contractor, consultant (options available configurable by system administrator)
- Portfolio: The project portfolio that the resource belongs to - i.e Finance, Marketing, Operations (options available configurable by system administrator)
- Rate Card: The Rate Card that should be applied to the account holder.
- Manager: The account holder's line manager - and the person responsible for approving their timesheets if applicable.
- Profile Role: The primary title/role of the account holder within the organisation (options available configurable by system administrator)
- Skills: Include any primary skills the account holder has.
Resources can have multiple resource plans.
- Each resource plan has a start and end date and the property values associated to the resource plan are only valid during the resource plan period.
- The resource plans cannon overlap.
A resource is active if they have a resource plan with an end date in the future otherwise the resource is set to inactive.
Click Add New Plan to create a new resource plan or click on the pencil icon to edit one.
Select which roles groups the account needs to belong to. For more on role groups and what access/functionality they allow, click here.
Add a pre-defined password for your resource's account that they can use you access Fluid and send a registration email to notify the resource by setting the "Send Email" option to "Yes".
When you have finished populating all the account details click on CREATE at the top of the page to create the account.
Editing an existing account
To edit an existing account, click on the name of the account holder.
All sections on an existing account are the same with the exception of the Account Settings section. Only the fields that differ between creating a new account and editing an existing account are detailed below:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Username: The unique username for the account. Once an account is created the Username of the account cannot be changed... But you can add additional user names to the account by clicking on ADD USERNAME. These will be considered 'secondary' usernames and the account holder can use them to log in, but the primary username will remain the username given when the account was created.
- Single Signon Providers: Should the instance be set up for O365 or SSO integration you can see here whether the account holder has linked their account.
- Email address
- Opt in for Email Notifications
- Email Reminder Frequency
- Opt In for Mobile Notifications
- Avatar: From here you can upload an avatar for the account if required. Account-holders are also able to upload their own avatars.
Manage Role Groups
Manage role groups is a very easy way of quickly:
- Identifying which accounts have permission to what roles;
- Adding accounts to role groups; and
- Removing accounts from role groups.
Down the left-hand side of the screen are listed all the role groups. For more on role groups and what access/functionality they allow, click here.
Select a role group to see who is in it.
Click on ADD USERS to add an account to the role group. Or click on the icon next to an account name to remove it from the role group.
Clicking on ADD USERS will expand the dialog for you to search for an active account in Fluid. Once you have resolved the required account click on OK to add the account to the role group.