Flex boards work hand-in-hand with Projects. As certain ad-hoc tasks are required to drive work in projects, flex boards are the unique go-to function to execute these tasks and tracking the necessary time towards the task completion.
NOTE: Flex boards can only be created from a project workspace.
In this article, we'll show you the steps to create your very own Flex board.
Step 1. Create a new flex board
- To create a new flex board, navigate to the Boards section on the project workspace and click on Create New Board.
You will be presented with a Board Settings form to create your new board. The top part of the form is used to capture your new board details. (See below image for information on how to complete the board details).
- At the option to select the Board Function, you will select the Flex Work option.
Information on how to complete the board details fields:
|What should we call your board?||Use a descriptive title to easily identify your board.|
|Board Owners||If you are creating a board, you will be added as the board owner by default. There can be multiple owners. Owners can edit the board settings, create/start/stop sprints (in a case of a Sprint board), archive Kanban tasks and edit any board tasks.|
|Board Members||Access to the board is limited to board members. Board members can create and edit tasks, but they can't manage sprints or archive Kanban tasks.|
|Board Viewers||Share your boards in a limited capacity with specific users for viewing purposes only. Board viewers have read/view only rights to a board.|
|Description||Insert a description of what the board is for.|
|Board Function||Set the function of the board. The project manager will be able to create the Flex board.|
|Board Type||Set the board type as Sprint or Kanban. Remember: This cannot be changed later - so be sure of your board type when you create it!|
|Allow Work Requests?||Set who can send requests to the board.|
|Who can make requests to this board||Limit the number of users that can send requests to the board by setting a defined list. Note: this feature is only available when the "Limited Work Requests" option is applied.|
|Work Request Instructions||Give clear instructions on how to fill a work request form.|
|Privacy flag||If a board is set to private, it will not be visible in the search for anyone who is not a board member.|
|Theme Name||Provide a title to the theme of the tasks for the board.|
Step 2. Complete and view your newly created flex board
- Once all fields have been populated to your board's requirements, click the Create button to create your new board. Clicking on Create will drop you into the backlog of the board (in the case of a Sprint board) or onto the board itself (in the case of a Kanban board).
Alternatively, you can also customise your board before creating it.
- To learn how to add custom properties to board cards Click here.
- To learn how to add/remove/reorder board columns Click here.
- To learn how to customise board themes Click here.
- To learn more about work requests Click here.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article